At Barnwell County Hospital, you can breathe easier knowing our respiratory team is on hand. Our competent and efficient respiratory therapy department offers support to the community it serves by educating people on their lung functions and treating breathing problems.Our respiratory care practitioners will work with you one-on-one and with your physician to develop a customized treatment plan for you.
The BCH respiratory therapy department is fully staffed 24 hours per day with qualified respiratory care practitioners. Should you need outpatient testing, oxygen to ease your breathing, or round the clock ventilator care, our staff is fully capable of meeting all your respiratory needs. The respiratory care department provides routine and critical care pulmonary procedures throughout the hospital.
- Pulmonary Function Studies — noninvasive testing that measures how well air circulates in your lungs to help determine lung capacity
- Pulse Oximetry — measures the amount of oxygen in your blood to help maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Artificial Blood Gas Analysis — measures the acidity and the levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide in your blood from an artery
- Aerosol Therapy — provides inhaled medication to the respiratory system to improve breathing
- Asthma Treatment
- Chest Physical Therapy — helps clear blocked airways
- Incentive Spirometry — exercises to strengthen and improve lung capacity
- Mechanical Ventilation — a machine is used to assist you to breathe or do breathing for you.
- Oxygen Therapy — provides supplemental oxygen in a variety of illnesses
- Airway Maintenance
- Patient Education
- Ventilator Management
Our respiratory department — along with the Barnwell County Hospital Radiology Department — also offer select cardiovascular sevices for both inpatients and outpatients.
- Holter Monitor Testing — gives a recording of the heart’s activity over a period of time
- Electrocardiogram — test that checks for problems with the electrical activity of your heart